Type of the project:
Erasmus+ Key Action 2 Strategic Partnerships addressing more than one field to cooperation for innovation and the exchange of good practices in School Education
EXPeriential EDUcation COMpetence (teaching children aged 3-12) – EXPEDUCOM
Kauno Kolegija, Justinas Vienožinskis Faculty of Arts, Lithuania
Project Coordinator for Romania:
Assoc. Prof. PhD. Gianina-Ana Massari
Marnix Academie, Utrecht, The Netherlands
01.09.2014 – 31.08.2016
The grant reference number:
The contract budget:
139 671,00 EUR
The project rose from the needs to meet the requirements of the modern world via developing and implementing innovative educational practices related to experience-based pedagogical approach educating children aged 3-12. The project outcomes target at strengthening professional profile of already working educators and students – future teachers by developing pedagogical guidelines on experiential education, open educational tools-real life cases, offering training for improvement of professional and communicative skills, improving curricula of pre-school, primary and teacher training institutions.Tangible project results will be: 1. Research survey report about experiential education in LT, RO, NL, GR, PT, TR, LV; 2. Handbook of pedagogical guidelines for educators and parents about experiential teaching/learning of children aged 3-12; 3. Case studies for practical usage; 4. Seminar plan for project results dissemination; 5. Setting up a website as a tool for communication, dissemination, project promotion and teaching/learning tool. Intangible project results will be: 1. Improved professional skills of teachers in pre-school and primary education; 2. increased cross-cultural awareness and communication abilities; 3. Better language skills.Every project institution functions in a cluster together with pre-school and/or primary education institutions which are the sites of students practical training. The project results will be disseminated among those social partners. To make the results easy accessible all intellectual outputs will be translated into national languages.Information about the project will be on the International Step by Step Association ISSA www.issa.nl (focusing on education of young learners) website as Kauno kolegija is the member of the organization and ISSA is an associated partner for dissemination.
Romanian Team members:
- Senior Lecturer PhD. Manuela Miron
- Assoc. Prof. PhD. Constantin Petrovici
The target group:
- 1. teachers, working in kindergartens and primary schools;
- 2. students of pre-school and primary education;
- 3. teacher trainers, researchers at universities providing pre-school and/or primary education;
- 4. Parents or anybody interested in education of children aged 3-12.
- to share experiences of experience-based teaching in different countries and work out methodology and cases for teaching with the focus on integration of different subjects;
- short- term trainings of teachers from participating universities and students IP.
The most relevant priorities addressed by the project:
Revising and strengthening the professional profile of the teaching professions for early childhood education and primary school education
The main big blocks of activities:
1. Carrying out a Research survey;
2. Providing a methodological support for project teachers and teacher trainers (lectures and workshops about experiential education);
3. Writing a handbook of pedagogical guidelines on experiential teaching/learning for educators of young learners;
4. Organizing Intensive Programme for students to design cases and test them working with children in a kindergarten and primary school.
The main project results arise from the project priority – to revise and strengthen the professional profile of already working teachers in pre-school and primary education and students-future teachers for this sector.
Tangible project results will be:
1. Research survey report about experiential education in LT, RO, NL, GR, PT, TR, LV;
2. Handbook of pedagogical guidelines for educators and parents about experiential teaching/learning of children aged 3-12;
3. Case studies for practical usage;
4. Seminar plan for project results dissemination;
5. Setting up a website as a tool for communication, dissemination, project promotion and teaching/learning tool.
Assoc. Prof. PhD. Gianina-Ana Massari – firstname.lastname@example.org